Grid'5000 is a large-scale and versatile testbed for experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science, with a focus on parallel and distributed computing including Cloud, HPC and Big Data.
- provides access to a large amount of resources: 12000 cores, 800 compute-nodes grouped in homogeneous clusters, and featuring various technologies: GPU, SSD, NVMe, 10G and 25G Ethernet, Infiniband, Omni-Path
- highly reconfigurable and controllable: researchers can experiment with a fully customized software stack thanks to bare-metal deployment features, and can isolate their experiment at the networking layer
- advanced monitoring and measurement features for traces collection of networking and power consumption, providing a deep understanding of experiments
- designed to support Open Science and reproducible research, with full traceability of infrastructure and software changes on the testbed
- a vibrant community of 500+ users supported by a solid technical team
Read more about our teams, our publications, and the usage policy of the testbed. Then get an account, and learn how to use the testbed with our Getting Started tutorial and the rest of our Users portal.
Recently published documents and presentations:
Grid'5000 is supported by a scientific interest group (GIS) hosted by Inria and including CNRS, RENATER and several Universities as well as other organizations. Inria has been supporting Grid'5000 through ADT ALADDIN-G5K (2007-2013), ADT LAPLACE (2014-2016), and IPL HEMERA (2010-2014).
Current status (at 2019-05-25 11:34)
: No current events, None planned (details)
Random pick of publications
Five random publications that benefited from Grid'5000 (at least 2030 overall):
- Orcun Yildiz. Efficient Big Data Processing on Large-Scale Shared Platforms ˸ managing I/Os and Failure. Performance cs.PF. École normale supérieure de Rennes, 2017. English. NNT : 2017ENSR0009. tel-01723850 view on HAL pdf
- Camille Coti, David Monniaux, Hang Yu. Parallel parametric linear programming solving, and application to polyhedral computations. 2019. hal-02097321 view on HAL pdf
- Imran Sheikh, Dominique Fohr, Irina Illina. Topic segmentation in ASR transcripts using bidirectional rnns for change detection. ASRU 2017 - IEEE Automatic Speech Recognition and Understanding Workshop, Dec 2017, Okinawa, Japan. hal-01599682 view on HAL pdf
- Pedro Silva, Christian Pérez. An Efficient Communication Aware Heuristic for Multiple Cloud Application Placement. Europar 2017 - 23rd European Conference on Parallel Processing, Aug 2017, Santiago de Compostela, Spain. pp.1-13, 10.1007/978-3-319-64203-1_27. hal-01621525 view on HAL pdf
- Alejandro Tomsic. Exploring the design space of highly-available distributed transactions. Databases cs.DB. Sorbonne Universites, UPMC University of Paris 6, 2018. English. tel-01956321 view on HAL pdf
Pierre Neyron awarded Médaille de Cristal du CNRS
Pierre Neyron, who has been a member of the Grid'5000 technical staff since the early years of the project, has been awarded the "Médaille de Cristal de CNRS".
Quoting http://www.cnrs.fr/fr/talents/cnrs?medal=42 :
La médaille de cristal distingue les ingénieurs, techniciens et agents administratifs qui, par leur créativité, leur maîtrise technique et leur sens de l'innovation, contribuent aux côtés des chercheurs à l'avancée des savoirs et à l'excellence de la
-- Grid'5000 Team 13:00, 16 April 2019 (CET)
Read more news
As from June 2008, Inria is the main contributor to Grid'5000 funding.
Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble INP
Université Rennes 1, Rennes
Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse / INSA / FERIA / Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse
Université Bordeaux 1, Bordeaux
Université Lille 1, Lille
École Normale Supérieure, Lyon
Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur
Hauts de France