- 1 Changing job walltime
- 2 New cluster "nova" available at Lyon
- 3 Grid'5000 events in your calendaring application
- 4 New clusters available in Lille
- 5 Standard environment updated (v2017011315)
- 6 Grid'5000 News now available as RSS
- 7 Deployments API changes
- 8 Grid'5000 winter school now finished
- 9 10 year later, the Grid'5000 school returns to Grenoble
- 10 Grid'5000 co-organizing the SUCCES 2015 event
- 11 Older News
Changing job walltime
The latest OAR version installed in Grid'5000 now provides the functionality to request a change to the walltime of a running job (duration of the resource reservation). Such a change is granted with respect to the resources occupation by other jobs and the resulting job characteristics still have to comply with the Grid'5000 Usage Policy¹. You may use the "oarwalltime" command or use the Grid'5000 API to request or query the status of such a change for a job. See the Grid'5000 tutorials² and API documentation³ for more information.
¹ https://www.grid5000.fr/mediawiki/index.php/Grid5000:UsagePolicy. Rules from the Usage Policy still apply on the modified job. We are however considering changing the Usage Policy to take the new feature into account, and would welcome ideas toward doing that. Please feel free to make suggestions on email@example.com (https://www.grid5000.fr/mediawiki/index.php/Mailing_lists#devel.40lists.grid5000.fr).
-- Grid'5000 Team 10:00, 20 March 2017 (CET)
New cluster "nova" available at Lyon
We have the pleasure to announce that a new cluster called "nova" is available at Lyon. It features 23 Dell R430 nodes with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4, 8C/16T, 32GB DDR4, 2x300GB SAS and 10Gbps Ethernet. Energy monitoring is available for this cluster, provided by the same devices used for the other clusters in Lyon.
This cluster has been funded by Inria Rhône-Alpes.
-- Grid'5000 Team 10:00, 20 March 2017 (CET)
Grid'5000 events in your calendaring application
Grid'5000 events, such as maintenance operations or service disruptions are published on the events page (https://www.grid5000.fr/status/). You see the summary of this page on Grid'5000's homepage, but could also get information through a RSS feed. Since last week, events are also published as an ical feed (), to which you can subscribe most calendaring applications such as Zimbra or Thunderbird's Lightning extension.
--Grid'5000 Team 13:00, 10 March 2017 (CET)
New clusters available in Lille
We have the pleasure to announce that new clusters are available on Lille's site :
- chetemi in reference to "Bienvenue chez les ch'tis" : 15 R630 nodes with 2 Xeon E5-2630 v4, 20C/40T, 256GB DDR4, 2x300GB SAS
- chifflet : 8 R730 nodes with 2 Xeon E5-2680 v4, 28C/56T, 768GB DDR4, 2x400GB SAS SSD, 2x4TB SATA
These nodes are connected with 10Gb Ethernet to a Cisco Nexus9000 switch (reference: 93180YC-EX)
The renewal of the Lille's site take place in the context of the CPER "Advanced data science and technologies" project in which Inria invest, with the support of the regional council of the Hauts de France, the FEDER and the State.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:00, 02 March 2017 (CET)
Standard environment updated (v2017011315)
This week, we updated the standard environment to a new version (2017011315), this one includes a ganglia module to monitor NVIDIA GPUs, you can now watch GPU usage on ganglia webpage (For example : Ganglia graphique-1 )
We also updated other variants :
- Ceph installation has been moved from [base] to [big]
- libguestfs-tools has been removed from [big]
- CUDA version has been updated to 8.0.44 [big]
- Nvidia Driver has been updated to 375.26 [big]
- linux-tools package has been installed from [big]
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:00, 16 January 2017 (CET)
Grid'5000 News now available as RSS
Because mails to the users mailing list are lost to users joining Grid'5000, the technical team will now share Grid'5000 news using a blog like format. A RSS link is available from the News page, at this URL.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:00, 20 December 2016 (CET)
Deployments API changes
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 October 2016 (CET)
Grid'5000 winter school now finished
The Grid'5000 spring school took place between February 2nd, 2016 and February 5th, 2016 in Grenoble. Two awards were given for presentation entries:
- Best presentation award to Houssem-Eddine Chihoub and Christine Collet for their work on A scalability comparaison study of smart meter data management approaches (slides)
- Most promising experiment to Anna Giannakou for her work Towards Self Adaptable Security Monitoring in IaaS Clouds (slides)
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 February 2016 (CET)
10 year later, the Grid'5000 school returns to Grenoble
10 year after the first edition of the Grid'5000 school, we invite the Grid'5000 community to take part in the Grid'5000 winter School 2016, February 2-5, 2016.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 December 2015 (CET)
Grid'5000 co-organizing the SUCCES 2015 event
These will take place November 5-6, 2015, in Paris. Dedicated to users of grid, cloud or regional HPC centers, the SUCCES 2015 days are organised by France Grilles, Grid'5000, Groupe Calcul and GDR ASR.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 October 2015 (UTC)