Grid'5000 is a large-scale and versatile testbed for experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science, with a focus on parallel and distributed computing including Cloud, HPC and Big Data.
- provides access to a large amount of resources: 1000 nodes, 8000 cores, grouped in homogeneous clusters, and featuring various technologies: 10G Ethernet, Infiniband, GPUs, Xeon PHI
- highly reconfigurable and controllable: researchers can experiment with a fully customized software stack thanks to bare-metal deployment features, and can isolate their experiment at the networking layer
- advanced monitoring and measurement features for traces collection of networking and power consumption, providing a deep understanding of experiments
- designed to support Open Science and reproducible research, with full traceability of infrastructure and software changes on the testbed
- a vibrant community of 500+ users supported by a solid technical team
Read more about our teams, our publications, and the usage policy of the testbed. Then get an account, and learn how to use the testbed with our Getting Started tutorial and the rest of our Users portal.
Recently published documents:
Grid'5000 is supported by a scientific interest group (GIS) hosted by Inria and including CNRS, RENATER and several Universities as well as other organizations. Inria has been supporting Grid'5000 through ADT ALADDIN-G5K (2007-2013), ADT LAPLACE (2014-2016), and IPL HEMERA (2010-2014).
Current status (at 2017-01-17 05:04)
: 3 current events, 1 planned (details)
Standard environment updated (v2017011315)
This week, we updated the standard environment to a new version (2017011315), this one includes a ganglia module to monitor NVIDIA GPUs, you can now watch GPU usage on ganglia webpage (For example : Ganglia graphique-1 )
We also updated other variants :
- Ceph installation has been moved from [base] to [big]
- libguestfs-tools has been removed from [big]
- CUDA version has been updated to 8.0.44 [big]
- Nvidia Driver has been updated to 375.26 [big]
- linux-tools package has been installed from [big]
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:00, 16 January 2017 (CET)
Grid'5000 News now available as RSS
Because mails to the users mailing list are lost to users joining Grid'5000, the technical team will now share Grid'5000 news using a blog like format. A RSS link is available from the News page, at this URL.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:00, 20 December 2016 (CET)
Deployments API changes
The Deployments API available in the "sid" or "4.0" has slightly changed: It now uses the native Kadeploy API. See Deployments API page for more information.
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 October 2016 (CET)
Grid'5000 winter school now finished
The Grid'5000 spring school took place between February 2nd, 2016 and February 5th, 2016 in Grenoble. Two awards were given for presentation entries:
- Best presentation award to Houssem-Eddine Chihoub and Christine Collet for their work on A scalability comparaison study of smart meter data management approaches (slides)
- Most promising experiment to Anna Giannakou for her work Towards Self Adaptable Security Monitoring in IaaS Clouds (slides)
-- Grid'5000 Team 15:11, 25 February 2016 (CET)
read more news
As from June 2008, INRIA is the main contributor to Grid'5000 funding.
University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble
University of Rennes 1, Rennes
Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse / INSA / FERIA / Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse
University Bordeaux 1, Bordeaux
University Lille 1, Lille
Ecole Normale Supérieure, Lyon
Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur
Nord Pas de Calais