Grid'5000 is a large-scale and flexible testbed for experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science, with a focus on parallel and distributed computing including Cloud, HPC and Big Data and AI.
Grid'5000 is merging with FIT to build the SILECS Infrastructure for Large-scale Experimental Computer Science. Read an Introduction to SILECS (April 2018)
Random pick of publications
Five random publications that benefited from Grid'5000 (at least 2494 overall):
- Hubert Nourtel, Pierre Champion, Denis Jouvet, Anthony Larcher, Marie Tahon. Analyse de l'anonymisation du locuteur sur de la parole émotionnelle. JEP 2022 - Journées d'Études sur la Parole, Jun 2022, Île de Noirmoutier, France. hal-03636737 view on HAL pdf
- Aimen Djari, Emmanuelle Anceaume, Sara Tucci-Piergiovanni. Simulation study of Sycomore ++ , a self-adapting graph-based permissionless distributed ledger. Conference on Blockchain Research & Applications for Innovative Networks and Services (BRAINS), Sep 2022, Paris, France. hal-03637382 view on HAL pdf
- Amélie Aussel, Laure Buhry, Radu Ranta. Design of experiments and Sobol' sensitivity analysis of a hippocampus computational model. 43rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2021, Oct 2021, Guadalajara/Virtual, Mexico. hal-03464025 view on HAL pdf
- Pierre Bouvier. The VLSAT-3 Benchmark Suite. Research Report RT-0516, INRIA Grenoble Rhône-Alpes. 2021, pp.1-20. hal-03468625 view on HAL pdf
- Quentin Guilloteau, Jonathan Bleuzen, Millian Poquet, Olivier Richard. Transposition d'environnements distribués reproductibles avec NixOS Compose. COMPAS 2022 - Conférence francophone d'informatique en Parallélisme, Architecture et Système, Jul 2022, Amiens, France. pp.1-9. hal-03696485v2 view on HAL pdf
New version of the Grid'5000 environment modules
We will switch to the new set of environment modules¹ on this Wednesday April 5th, 2023. This set has been enriched since our call for testing; you will discover the full list using the command 'module av' on any frontend when the set will is deployed.
This new set of modules will also apply when deploying a debianXX-(nfs|big) environment.
Do not hesitate to report any problems using these new modules and feel free to ask for the inclusion of new ones.
For compatibility reasons, the legacy module set will remain available for some time after the switch (the duration of this availability is still under discussion), and will not be maintained anymore.
These legacy modules will be available just by changing the MODULEPATH environment variable as follow:
-- Grid'5000 Team 18:00, Apr 4th 2023 (CEST)
Cluster "grat" is available in the Nancy production queue
We have the pleasure to announce that a new cluster named "grat" is available at Nancy¹ in the production queue.
This cluster features only one² Apollo 6500 XL675d node with 2 AMD 7513 (32 cores/CPU), 512 GB of RAM, 8xNvidia A100 SXM-4 GPUs with NVLink, one 3.84TB SSD + 7 additional 3.84 TB SSD and a 25 Gbps Ethernet card.
This cluster has been funded by the CPER IT2MP (Contrat Plan État Région, Innovations Technologiques, Modélisation & Médecine Personnalisée) and FEDER (Fonds européen de développement régional)³.
²: that node is named grat-1, obviously
-- Grid'5000 Team 11:00, Mar 24th 2023 (CEST)
NFS Support Now Available for All Grid'5000 Supported Linux Distributions
We are pleased to announce that we have released the NFS version of all our supported Linux distributions! With this new feature, you can now deploy your desired distribution with pre-configured LDAP and network storage support. This will enable you to log in to the deployed node using your own Grid'5000 account (not just root) and access your home directory and group storage directly from the deployed node.
While Debian 10 and Debian 11 already had NFS support, we have now added this feature to the following distributions:
- Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 22.04
- CentOS 7, CentOS 8
- CentOS Stream 8, CentOS Stream 9
- Rocky Linux 8, Rocky Linux 9
- Debian Testing.
All these new environments are suffixed with "-nfs" (e.g., `centosstream9-nfs`, `ubuntu2204-nfs`).
For more information on our available environments or on how to deploy environments with kadeploy, please refer to our Getting Started and Advanced Kadeploy pages.
-- Grid'5000 Team 18:00, Feb 22nd 2023 (CEST)
New documentation for the FPGA nodes and wattmeter update in Grenoble
Documentation is now available at FPGA for the use of the FPGA nodes (servan cluster in Grenoble).
Furthermore, the Servan nodes' power supply units are now monitored by the Grenoble wattmeter and available in Kwollect.
Finally, due to the unreliability of the measures, Dahu is not monitored by the wattmeter anymore. Past problems with Yeti and Troll should now be fixed.
-- Grid'5000 Team 14:20, Sept 15th 2022 (CEST)
As from June 2008, Inria is the main contributor to Grid'5000 funding.