- 1 IP networks in use
- 2 Network
- 3 Grid5000 interconnect
- 4 Loria interconnect
IP networks in use
You have to use a public network range to run an experiment between several Grid5000 sites.
- computing : 172.28.52.0/22
- virtual : 10.144.0.0/14
- admin : 172.28.152.0/22
- ib : 192.168.210.0/24 : see High Performance Networks
The following diagram show a view of the central router, a hp procurve 5406zl, named sgravillon1.
- All internal links are 10GB CX4.
- Renater link is 10GB optical fiber.
High Performance Networks
Infiniband 20G on griffon nodes
griffon-92have a 20GB Infiniband card.
- Card Model : Mellanox Technologies MT26418 [ConnectX IB DDR, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] ( ConnectX ).
- Driver :
- OAR property : ib20g=1 ( Monika ).
- IP over IB addressing : grelon-[1..92]-ib.nancy.grid5000.fr (192.168.210.1 à 192.168.210.92)
- Infiniband Switch 4X DDR
- Model based on Infiniscale_III
Infiniband network is physically isolated from Ethernet networks. Therefore, Ethernet network emulated over Infiniband is isolated as well. There isn't any interconnexion, neither at the data link layer nor at the network layer.
Note: All the used fiber cables are dedicated to our Grid'5000 interconnect. When it is said trunk on the above figure it means a more rigid garter.