Development and integration of infrastructure software for cloud federation (Rennes)
The position is available in the context of the BonFIRE european project (http://bonfire-project.eu/). The BonFIRE project aims at developing a cloud federation layer for experiment-driven research in the context of internet of services.
The engineer will be hosted in the Myriads team (http://www.irisa.fr/myriads/) at INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique. The objective of MYRIADS is to design and implement systems and environments for autonomous service and resource management in distributed virtualized infrastructures. The team tackles the challenges of dependable application execution and efficient resource management in the future Internet of Services.
The engineer will actively work on the BonFIRE project
- contribute to the definition of the architecture of the project's components
- show and defend Inria's know-how on the subject
- implement a working solution
The engineer will work on the REST API enabling access to the different partners' infrastructures, on the user interface (web based) as well as on the tests checking correct operations of the production infrastructure made available to users involved in the project. He will also work on the software linking the BonFIRE infrastructure and Grid'5000 (https://www.grid5000.fr).
- Very good knowledge in the design and implementation of the distributed systems, especially cloud computing infrastructures and REST APIs. Experience with AWS, Rackspace, etc. appreciated
- Good knowledge of tools (in particular SVN and/or Git) and practices of software development (unit testing, integration tests, ..) ;
- Good knowledge of Ruby and at least a test framework. Experience with RubyOnRails/Sinatra appreciated. Contributions to open source projects appreciated
- Knowledge of SQL
- Fluency in English (read, written, spoken) required. The working language of the BonFIRE project is English. Interviews for this position will be conducted in English.
- Ability to build relationships and to work in team, cooperative attitude,
- Ability to adopt methods, tools and processes which facilitate teamwork,
- Rigor, autonomy, organizational skills,
- Good writing ability,
- Ability to accept the challenge of this work
- Duration of the contract : 23 months (until November 30th, 2013)
- starting : 1/1/2012
- Profile : PhD degree or engineering or master degree in Computer Science
- Applications: please send your applications to email@example.com with your resume and a few words on explaining why you are applying