Grid'5000 is a large-scale and versatile testbed for experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science, with a focus on parallel and distributed computing including Cloud, HPC and Big Data.
- provides access to a large amount of resources: 1000 nodes, 8000 cores, grouped in homogeneous clusters, and featuring various technologies: 10G Ethernet, Infiniband, GPUs, Xeon PHI
- highly reconfigurable and controllable: researchers can experiment with a fully customized software stack thanks to bare-metal deployment features, and can isolate their experiment at the networking layer
- advanced monitoring and measurement features for traces collection of networking and power consumption, providing a deep understanding of experiments
- designed to support Open Science and reproducible research, with full traceability of infrastructure and software changes on the testbed
- a vibrant community of 500+ users supported by a solid technical team
Read more about our teams, our publications, and the usage policy of the testbed. Then get an account, and learn how to use the testbed with our Getting Started tutorial and the rest of our Users portal.
Recently published documents:
Grid'5000 is supported by a scientific interest group (GIS) hosted by Inria and including CNRS, RENATER and several Universities as well as other organizations. Inria has been supporting Grid'5000 through ADT ALADDIN-G5K (2007-2013), ADT LAPLACE (2014-2016), and IPL HEMERA (2010-2014).
Current status (at 2020-02-21 00:37)
: No current events, None planned (details)
Support for persistent memory (PMEM)
Grid'5000 now features, among the different technologies it provides, some nodes with persistent memory.
Please find an introduction and some documentation on how to experiment on the per...
New cluster "troll" available in Grenoble
We have the pleasure to announce that a new cluster called "troll" is available in Grenoble¹.
It features 4 Dell R640 nodes with 2 Intel® Xeon® Gold 5218, 16 cores/CPU, 384GB DDR4, 1.5...
New cluster available in Nancy: grue (20 GPUs)
We have the pleasure to announce that the Grue cluster in Nancy¹ (production queue) is now available:
It features 5 Dell R7425 servers nodes with four Tesla T4², 128 GB DDR4, 1x480 GB S...
Grid'5000 users survey
We are conducting a survey to help us better understand your needs and make Grid'5000 a better research infrastructure.
We thank you in advance for taking a few minutes to complete it (yo...
read more news
As from June 2008, INRIA is the main contributor to Grid'5000 funding.
University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble
University of Rennes 1, Rennes
Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse / INSA / FERIA / Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse
University Bordeaux 1, Bordeaux
University Lille 1, Lille
Ecole Normale Supérieure, Lyon
Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, Reims
Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur
Nord Pas de Calais