Grid5000:Get an account
To get an account, you must justify of a use of Grid'5000 for its intended purposes.
The following extract of the Grid'5000 usage policy details these purposes:
Grid'5000 is a scientific instrument supporting experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science, with a focus on distributed computing, high performance computing, big data and networking. Its use should lead to results or contribute to education in this area.
Policy for academics from France
Please contact the person responsible for the site nearest to you before submitting a request if he does not know you, as he will have to accept your request and he will receive account management and accounting mails related to your usage of Grid'5000.
In doubt, you can contact the board of directors at resp-sites_gis_g5k AT inria.fr.
Policy for academics outside of France and/or non-academics
- Grid'5000 is funded by institutions such as Inria, CNRS, and many universities. Access to Grid'5000 is available to members of contributing institutions, and can be extended to their active collaborators and to selected outstanding research projects. if you have an active formal collaboration with academic researchers from France (e.g. via a European project), you may be able to get an regular account thanks to them. Ask your French collaborators for details.
- If you do not have an active collaboration with academic researchers from France, you can request an account through the Open Access FORM.
About the Open Access program conditions
Open Access accounts currently provide unrestricted access to Grid'5000 (this might be changed in the future). However:
- Usage must follow the Grid'5000 Usage Policy
- We ask Open Access users not to use OAR's "Advance reservations" for jobs more than 24 hours in the future.
For private companies
- Private companies interested in providing or using resources may contact one of the Grid'5000 executive board members.