Do not hesitate to ask for support! Grid'5000 has a strong user community and a dedicated support team to help you. Moreover, sharing problems will often leads to platform quality improvement.
Before asking support
Before asking support, you're advised to verify your issue is not documented somewhere on the Grid'5000 website. In particular, you should check:
Getting help in Grid'5000 usage
To get help related to Grid'5000 usage (platform usage, experimentation setup, ...), you can ask the community by sending an e-mail to the Grid'5000 users mailing list. You will probably get answers from others Grid'5000 users or from Grid'5000 team.
Contact support team (e.g. to report a problem)
If you need to contact Grid'5000 support team directly (e.g. to report a problem you find on the platform), send an e-mail to support staff.
If you are confident you find a bug on the platform, you can also directly fill a bug under our Bugzilla.
When reporting a problem, please try to describe it as more precisely as possible. For instance, by giving the following information:
- Use a meaningful subject in your mail/bug report.
- Give a summary of your problem, do not just paste commands and commands output (but paste them though!).
- Include the names of the sites involved.
- Include the names of the nodes involved.
- Include date and time (somebody could use that to search the logs).
- Include OAR job id if relevant.
- Include the exact commands you typed.
- Include the exact output of the commands you typed.
- Explain exactly what "does not work". Explain what you expect to happen.
- Give some possible causes (what have you changed recently?) if you have any guess.
- In general, give as much information as possible. If we have to complete those information, it will be a loss of time.
You may also have a look at the web page "How to Report Bugs Effectively" that is also a good help about writing useful bug reports.