System administration for a research cloud using puppet
MYRIADS is a joint team with INRIA, Université de Rennes 1 and INSA de Rennes. It is part of IRISA (D1 department on large scale systems) and INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique. The objective of MYRIADS is to design and implement systems and environments for autonomous service and resource management in distributed virtualized infrastructures. MYRIADS hosts part of the Grid'5000 technical team, who is in charge of making infrastructure for this type research available to the research community in France, mainly through Grid'5000, but also through other initiatives such as BonFIRE.
For the Eco2clouds, Fed4FIRE and BonFIRE European projects, the MYRIADS team is in charge of the development and maintenance of a resource manager implementing the notion of experiment for BonFIRE. In this context, an experiment consists in the execution of a experiment program or script on resources provisioned by the resource manage on the different testbeds federated in BonFIRE.
As member of a young and international team, you will take part in requirements elicitation, in the definition and refinements of the global architecture of these project and in implementing the necessary changes to Inria's testbed. In particular, you will have to administer an OpenNebula installation managed using puppet.
Skills and expertise
- Good knowledge in Linux system administration and in scripting languages.
- Good knowledge of system administration using configuration management software (cfengine, puppet, chef) and source control management software (In particular, SVN and/or GIT)
- Knowledge in the Ruby programming language.
- Fluency in English (read, written, spoken) required. The working language of these projects is English. Interviews for this position will be partially conducted in English.
- Team: Myriads research team
- Place of work: Centre de recherche INRIA Rennes – Bretagne Atlantique, Campus universitaire de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex (France)
- Duration: fixed-term contract of 24 months
- Starting date: December 1st, 2012
- Salary: Between 2062€ and 2541€ net depending on your diploma and experience.
- Required diploma: Masters degree, PhD or equivalent
- Contact: David Margery, Grid'5000 technical director and principal investigator for Inria in BonFIRE and Eco2clouds (david.margery AT inria.fr)
Applicants should send their application, in English, referencing the job title and including a motivation letter, a full resume, and up to five reference letters to maryse.fouche AT inria.fr