Grid'5000 user report for Carlos Barrios
User informationCarlos Barrios (users, user, grenoble, ml-users, digitalis user)
More user information in the user management interface.
- High Bandwidth Data Transfer Analisys and Modeling in Grids (Networking) [achieved]
Description: In the High Performance Computing research, the modeling of systems performance allows to known the behavior a system according to the users requeriments. Also, a model gives a specification for the construction, maintenance, scalability or replication of a high performance computing infrastructure. In this work, it presents a model of high bandwidth data transfer since the analisys of experimental data. This experimentation has been made in the clusters of Grid5000.
Results: A experimental model of the Grid5000 characteristics of the high bandwidth transfer of the great size messages intra-clusters and inter-cluster communication.
- NFSp: A Non-Intrusive Parallel NFS Server (Networking) [achieved]
Description: NFSp stands for Parallel NFS. The main idea of this project is to use several nodes as I/O backend for one server, which is seen by clients like a regular NFS. This means that NFSp is a plug-in replacement for any currently used server, at the same time, thanks to the I/O nodes used for actual I/O operations it provides very good performance. This project was the subject of Pierre Lombard's PhD thesis in 2001. The implementation which accompanied the dissertation supported NFS version 2 and was available as standalone application or a patch for the Linux 2.4 kernel. The first implementation has brought several concepts to apply to a NFS server such as data striping, I/O servers redundancy, .... . Yet, the main drawback this version had was there was only one meta-data server: since it acted as a central point through which every request had to go, it was indeed a scalability limitation (especially for write performances). In 2003, Rafael Avila started his PhD on a new distributed version, called distributed NFSp. The dNFSp project takes the NFSp concept to the next level. It's main goal is to provide better performance to applications exploring both read and write operations, since the last one is not tackled by the original model. The basis for the proposed system is a distributed metadata management model, which allows for better scalability and reduces the computational cost on the original NFSp metaserver, and also a relaxed mechanism for maintaining metadata coherence based on LRC (Lazy Release Consistency), which enables the distribution of the service without incurring in costly data synchronisation operations.
Results: One of the first NFS parallel model.
More information here
- MEG PROJECT (Application) [in progress]
Description: The project aims to make the study about the scalability opportunities between the electromagnetic applications and your execution in grid platforms.
More information here
- Grid Computing Security (Other) [in progress]
- Grid Computing Virtualization on Non High Available Platforms (Middleware) [in progress]
Description: The objective of this project is to build and deploy enormous environments through virtualization of machines using Xen paravirtualizacion
- (Networking) 
- (Other) [planned]
Description: Account was involved in the High Performance Interaction for Scientific Computing project. This project aims to exploit large scale architectures with visualization and simulation applications for scientific needs.
- Griduis-2: A High Available high performance computing infrastructure based on G5K (Middleware) [in progress]
More information here
- A Study of A Grid Architecture Behavior For Large Data Transfers  (national)
EntryType: phdthesis Author: Carlos Jaime BARRIOS HERNANDEZ School: Nice-Sophia Antipolis University Month: October
- Simulations Electromagnétiques Distribuées sur une Grille de Calcul  (national)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: Fadi Khalil, Carlos-Jaime Barrios-Hernandez, Hervé Aubert, Yves Denneulin, Fabio Coccetti, Robert Plana Booktitle: JNM 2009 Url: http://www.laas.fr/~fadi
- Un Modèle de Transfert Haut Débit en Applications pour Grilles de Calcul  (national)
EntryType: mastersthesis Author: Carlos Jaime BARRIOS HERNANDEZ School: Joseph Fourier University Month: June
-  (national)
- Parallelization of the Scale Changing Technique in Grid Computing environment for the Electromagnetic Simulation of Multi-scale Structures  (international)
EntryType: article Author: Fadi Khalil, C. J. Barrios-Hernandez, A. Rashid,Herve Aubert, Yves Denneulin, Fabio Coccetti, and Robert Plana Booktitle: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NUMERICAL MODELLING: ELECTRONIC NETWORKS, DEVICES AND FIELDS Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Url: http://fadi.khalil.perso.sfr.fr
- Application of Scale Changing Technique - Grid Computing to the Electromagnetic Simulation of Reflectarrays  (international)
EntryType: conference Author: Fadi Khalil, Aamir Rashid, Herve Aubert, Fabio Coccetti, Robert Plana, Carlos Jaime Barrios Hernandez and Yves Denneulin Booktitle: APS09 — The 2009 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Url: http://www.laas.fr/~fadi
- Deployment of CEM Applications on Large Scale Architectures  (international)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: Carlos BARRIOS-HERNANDEZ, Fadi KHALIL, Yves DENNEULIN, Hervé AUBERT, Fabio COCCETI, Robert PLANA Booktitle: Proceedings on CLCLAR 2009 Url: http://www-id.imag.fr/Laboratoire/Membres/Barrios_Hernandez_Carlos/perso.html
- Electromagnetic Simulations via Parallel Computing: an Application Using Scale Changing Technique of Passive Planar Reflectarrays in Grid Environment  (international)
EntryType: conference Author: Fadi Khalil, Carlos Jaime Barrios Hernandez, Herve Aubert, Yves Denneulin, Fabio Coccetti, Robert Plana Booktitle: APS08 — The 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Url: http://www.laas.fr/~fadi
- Enhancing Electromagnetic Simulation with specialized Grid Computing Middleware Environment  (international)
EntryType: conference Author: Fabio Coccetti, Fadi Khalil, Carlos-Jaime Barrios-Hernandez, Yves Denneulin, Herve Aubert and Robert Plana Booktitle: IEEE MTT-S International Mini-Symposium on Electromagnetics and Network Theory and their Microwave Technology Applications (EMNT) 2008 Publisher: IEEE MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES SOCIETY Url: http://www.laas.fr/~fadi
- High Bandwidth Anomalies in Cluster and Grid Data Transfer  (international)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: Carlos BARRIOS-HERNANDEZ, Yves DENNEULIN and Michel RIVEILL Booktitle: PROCEEDINGS OF 2007 IFIP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NETWORK AND PARALLEL COMPUTING WORKSHOPS NPC 2007 - INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON ADVANCET TOPICS IN NETWORK COMPUTING, TECHNLOGY AND APPLICATIONS ATNCTA 2007 Address: Dalian, China Month: 9
- Intensive and Massive Data Transfers on HPC  (international)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: Carlos BARRIOS-HERNANDEZ Booktitle: CLCAR 2007 - LATINAMERICAN CONFERENCE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING 2007 Address: Santa Marta, Colombia Month: 8
- Performance Evaluation of Meta-Data Transfer and Storage in Clusters  (international)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: E. Hermann, R. Kassick, R. Avila, C. Barrios, M. Riveill, Y. Denneulin and P. Navaux Booktitle: CLCAR 2007 - LATINAMERICAN CONFERENCE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING 2007 Address: Santa Marta, Colombia Month: 8
- High Bandwidth Data Transfer Analysis and Modeling in Grids  (international)
EntryType: inproceedings Author: Carlos BARRIOS-HERNANDEZ, Yves DENNEULIN Booktitle: EXPGRID - Experimental Grid testbeds for the assessment of large-scale distributed applications and tools in The 15th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC-15 EXPGRID'06) Address: Paris, France Month: 6
Success stories and benefits from Grid'5000
- Success stories We arrive to contribute with a realistic performance evaluation technique to treat massive and parallel data transfer on high bandwidth networks into Grid computing environments. This realistic performance evaluation technique is addressed to observe in real time the data transfer behaviors during the execution of Grid computing applications.