This page presents the mailing lists of the project Grid'5000.
All lists are hosted by Grid'5000 mailing list server: https://sympa.inria.fr/ The service is hosted by dedicated virtual sympa server. This service features 2 interesting options:
Your subscription to most mailing lists in this page is directly derived from your Grid'5000 account and the groups you belong to.As a Grid'5000 user, you should essentially be submitting emails to the users list.
You can chose your mailing list subscriptions through the user management interface.
If you don't remember your password, you can reset it here: https://www.grid5000.fr/mediawiki/index.php/Special:G5KChangePassword
You can also have more options and modify your "Subscriber options" through the sympa website to change your subscriptions types.
- 1 Users Mailing Lists
- 2 Committees (staff) Mailing lists
- 3 Mailing list portal access: archives and subscriber options
- 4 Email verification
- 5 Contacts
Users Mailing Lists
As a Grid'5000 user you are automatically subscribed to the Grid'5000 users' mailing lists. The traffic is not very high, so please keep an eye on those emails as they may contain important information (see Mailing lists for more information). More than 800 users are subscribed to those lists, so please be careful before asking questions on the lists.
This list is the user to user or user to admin communication mean to address help/support requests. As a Grid'5000 user, in most cases, this is the list you want to send email to for any Grid'5000 related topics.
- Grid'5000 users' help/support requests and answers
- All Grid'5000 users are subscribed to that mailing list, as soon as they have a Grid'5000 account (see Grid'5000 usage policy).
- All Grid'5000 users receive emails targeted at this mailing lists, so that they can answer to help other Grid'5000 users.
- Any Grid'5000 user may send email to that mailing list.
They are available here, after login : https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/users_grid5000
Archives are not public: you will need to login (upper right), either with your Inria CAS account (if you have one) or with dedicated credentials (see "Première connexion", "First connexion" if you do not have credentials yet).
subject contains [Users-g5k]
This list is the communication mean used to inform Grid'5000 community about platform
- platform announcements
- All Grid'5000 users are subscribed to that mailing list, as soon as they have a Grid'5000 account (see Grid'5000 usage policy). It is not possible to unsubscribe from this mailing list as long as your Grid'5000 account is open but there will be very low traffic (max 10 mails a year).
- All Grid'5000 users receive emails targeted at this mailing lists, as they inform about important platform news.
- Only Grid'5000 staff should send email to that mailing list.
subject contains [Announce-g5k]
This list is for all people interested in the evolution and development of the platform. Should be communicated on this list:
- staff meeting agendas,
- staff meeting minutes and
- all documents describing a suggested evolution
- in the platform's software or
- in the staff's procedures
- reactions to the staff's meeting agendas and minutes
- reactions to the proposed evolutions
- technical discussions about the construction of the platform
- technical discussions about the usage of any technology in the platform
- technical discussions about grid technology related to grid'5000 platform improvement.
- Subscription to this mailing list is free for Grid'5000 users (a subscription moderation will allow to prevent not Grid'5000 related users or spammers to subscribe). Click here to subscribe
- Any Grid'5000 user is welcomed to subscribe and discuss technical points about the platform and bring his knowledge to the community.
- Only subscribed members of the list will be allowed to send emails.
NB: Unlike all other lists, this list is not linked to Grid'5000 LDAP account directory.
- All members of the technical staff should be subscribed to this list.
subject contains [Devel-g5k]
Committees (staff) Mailing lists
email@example.com (was: firstname.lastname@example.org)
This list is the operational list used by Grid'5000 active staff members for the team's work. It's reserved for active staff members, ie people taking part in the staff's meetings, in the platform's support or development. This list supports a distributed team's internal life.
- staff's team life (exchanging ideas, suggestions, rants, ...)
- staff meeting preparation
- first drafts of documents describing evolutions
- Only Grid'5000 technical staff from all sites are subscribed to this mailing list (members).
- Only Grid'5000 technical staff can send/read emails to/from this mailing list.
subject contains [grid5000-ct]
Mailing list to contact staff.
- Grid'5000 related issues
- Grid'5000 related requests
- Only the staff people are subscribed.
- Anyone can send email to that mailing list.
- Only the staff receive this mailing list emails
subject contains [support-staff]
This list is the contact point for Grid5000 backbone network related operational information. Please prefer the CT list to discuss about the network backbone technical aspects (setup, etc).
- Grid'5000 point of contact for Renater and Renater-NOC staff
- Grid'5000 point of contact for the staffs involved in the interconnection with other grids.
- At least one people per site is member of this mailing list.
- Subscription is not open.
subject contains [network-staff]
A login is needed in order to access the archives or the subscriber's options (option d'abonné) to configure the digest reception mode or no mail: only read archives, in the mailing list portal at https://sympa.inria.fr.
At the time of your first access to this portal, click on login (upper left corner) and in the pop up window, please use as login your email address that is registered in Grid'5000 LDAP directory, and press the send me a password button. You will receive your password by email (this may take some time, up to half a day, because of grey list software), and will be able to login next time.
If you are not using as From of your emails to those mailing lists the email address that is registered in your LDAP account, your emails will be delayed for either a moderation or a self confirmation (mail sent to you so that you confirm that you are the real sender, and avoid spam eventually).
The service is hosted by the INRIA mailing list service.
In case of problem, please contact, in order of priority: