Several custom namespaces exist within our wiki and have sepcial meaning:
- the Grid5000 namespace must be used when pages are to be public and if not in a site namespace for instance.
- the sites namespace (Orsay, Lyon, aso) must be used for site specific pages
- the default namespace contains all other normal pages.
NB: pages actually readable by a anonymous user (not logged in) are configured in the wiki configuration file. There is not "hard link" between the namespaces and that feature in fact.
RSS feed access
The Special:Recentchanges page and the RSS feed are only available to logged in users. This is a issue with regard to people who want to read this feed using a RSS aggregator. Anyway, 2 solutions a proposed to bypass this:
1st solution : use an RSS reader that is built into your web browser
- the Sage extension for Firefox)
2nd solution : use wget to retrieve the page in a cron job
- find your cookies.txt file (usually $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/randomstring/cookies.txt)
wget --load-cookies $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/randomstring/cookies.txt -O grid5000.rss https://www.grid5000.fr/index.php/Special:Recentchanges?feed=rss
- if it doesn't work, run wget with --debug, and check that it properly send the cookies.
- Use your RSS aggregator to parse grid5000.rss
NB: Be very careful if you try to edit the cookies.txt file : wget will silently forget some cookies if you mess with cookies.txt.
NB2: the cookies.txt file can be moved between systems (ie you can generate it on your desktop and run the cron job on a server)